Welcome to The Pecoy Companies, the area’s premier residential new home builder and remodeler. Kent Pecoy, the owner and founder of The Pecoy Companies brings to the table more than 30 years of residential and commercial building experience. His hand-selected team is best known for their talent, their professionalism and their expertise. A career with The Pecoy Companies is an opportunity to work side by side with some of the area's top industry leaders and utilize some of the industry's most creative and best building practices. A career with The Pecoy Companies begins with the application process.
Pecoy Homes, the area's leading custom home builder and remodeler, has openings in the following positions:
Sales & Marketing Manager:
The Sales & Marketing Manager reports directly to the President. This individual is responsible for all facets of sales, as well as the development and effective execution of all marketing plans devised for each of The Pecoy Companies’ existing business entities, as well as any and all future business entities acquired by The Pecoy Companies. This position directs all sales and marketing activities of the Company by performing the following duties personally or through subordinates:
- New build and remodeling contracts
- Social media
- Website/content management
- Strong customer service/relationship skills
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong knowledge of the real estate market preferred
- Supervise, lead, and manage the internal and external sales and marketing team. Direct staffing, training, and performance evaluations to develop and control sales program by establishing sales territories, quotas, and goals.
- Have a thorough understanding of all surrounding markets and competitors. Conduct and evaluate each market we intend to be in, business or subdivisions. Review market analysis to determine market trends, customer needs, product development and price schedules. As they are presented, evaluate and assess all new land and/or community opportunities. Conduct market research and analysis to determine viability of all new land and/or community opportunities.
- Develop and implement strategic sales plans to accommodate corporate goals. Prepare and maintain marketing budgets to ensure our marketing and sales goals are met.
- Direct sales forecasting activities and set performance goals accordingly.
- Answer, and/or coordinate the response to, all incoming Sales & Marketing inquiries.
- Coordinate all initial sales/marketing packages to potential clients.
- Attend meetings with key clients, President, and/or other members of The Pecoy Companies’ construction team, as necessary.
- Create client profiles to present clients to team, communicate contact information, establish expectations, and assist in design, specification preparation, and construction.
- Tour Pecoy land and homes with key clients, as necessary.
- Thoroughly review, revise, and prepare for presentation, all client specifications.
- Prepare client contracts, including Reservation Agreements, Design Agreements, and Build Contracts.
- Act as a liaison between past, current, and future clients and members of the construction team, as necessary.
- Manage all short and long-term client relationship and retention initiatives.
- Attend and contribute to weekly staff meetings and prepare and present weekly sales and marketing status reports.
- Develop and implement marketing plans and budgets for each of The Pecoy Companies existing business entities.
- Manage and implement all branding efforts associated with The Pecoy Companies and its affiliates.
- Design, develop, and maintain websites for The Pecoy Companies and its affiliates, as necessary.
- Coordinate the design, development, and placement of all print advertising.
- Coordinate the design, development, and production of all collateral material, including brochures, postcards, business cards, sell sheets, flyers, product dvd’s, etc.
- Coordinate all direct mail and social media campaigns.
- Coordinate the development, design, and distribution of the quarterly newsletters.
- Coordinate the design, development, and ordering of all promotional products.
- Coordinate planning and execution of all promotional events for each of The Pecoy Companies’ existing business entities.
- Direct and manage all public relations efforts for The Pecoy Companies and its affiliates.
- Work on-site at local sales offices associated with The Pecoy Companies, when necessary.
- Represent The Pecoy Companies at local chamber, charity, and networking events, when necessary.
- Visit local real estate offices to network and deliver collateral and promotional materials.
- Visit area businesses to promote The Pecoy Companies and its affiliates.
- Assist in planning, coordinating, and providing support for special company projects/events.
- Review and approve all covenants, rules, regulations, by-laws, contracts, and budgets for each of The Pecoy Companies’ business entities.
- Direct product research, development, and pricing.
- Monitor, analyze, and evaluate competitor activity, products, price, and performance.
- Analyze and control expenditures of division to conform to budgetary requirements.
- Assist other departments within organization to prepare manuals and technical publications.
- Continually bring new and fresh sales & marketing ideas to the table.
Candidate must be a strong closer and have the ability to naturally overcome objections. Candidate must be a creative self-starter and have a proven track record in sales and marketing, including social media. Great opportunity to represent and sell a quality, custom product for a builder with a stellar reputation. Includes some night and weekend hours. Compensation is negotiable depending upon experience, skills, knowledge, & ability.
Carpenter - Finish:
- Minimum 5 years of new construction & remodeling experience including installation of doors, casings, baseboard, & crown molding
- Familiarity with building & installing custom cabinetry
- Excellent organization, communication, & follow-through skills, able to manage personnel
Truck Driver / Laborer:
- Minimum 5 years of driving experience and possess a current MA Class A Commercial Driver’s License, current DOT medical card, & outstanding driving history
- Performs and documents pre- and post-trip inspections of assigned vehicle
- Accurately tracks and reports hours and material on each job
- Hard worker, able to take direction, and work in a team environment
- Able to lift up to 50 lbs. unassisted
- Performs sweeping, clearing debris, digging, demo, etc.
Apprentice – Finish Carpenter:
· Entry level carpenter’s apprentice for residential construction
· Minimum 2 years of finish work and general remodeling experience
· Basic knowledge of carpentry, use of tools, and a willingness to learn new skills and techniques
· High school graduates are encouraged to apply providing you have a carpentry background
The successful applicants for these positions will be dependable, driven, results focused, and a team player with a “can do” attitude. Compensation is negotiable depending upon experience, skills, knowledge, & ability. You must have reliable transportation.
Construction candidates will successfully complete pre-employment Department of Transportation (D.O.T.) physicals and drug screens. All candidates will successfully complete a background check, including previous employment and motor vehicle record.
Why work for us?
The Pecoy Companies is a leading, award winning, privately held residential homebuilder with a consistent track record of industry success and financial health. The Pecoy Companies offers challenging duties, career enhancement, and high customer satisfaction. We also offer competitive wages and benefits, including paid holidays, vacations, and sick/personal time, as well as health insurance, dental insurance, life insurance, short-term disability insurance, long-term disability insurance, a 401(k) Plan, and is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please print the employment application found on this Website and forward the completed application and resume to Kathy Vivier @ The Pecoy Companies, 215 Baldwin Street, West Springfield, MA 01089, Fax # 413-781-7150.
Thank you for your interest in working for Pecoy Homes!