At the Pecoy Companies we are passionate about helping you build the home of your dreams.
Each and every time we build a home, we strive to create a home built with quality craftmanship that represents you and your family’s unique lifestyle and personality.
We pride ourselves on having an incredibly streamlined custom-building process, so that customers have an exceptional experience from the initial consultation all the way through project completion. Together we collaborate to ensure the dream home you envisioned is fully brought to life.
Initial Consultation: Schedule a Time to Get Together at Our Office or the Building Site of Your Choice
- Bring pictures of homes that reflect your style and needs. Be prepared to discuss your ideas & budget for your project.
Choose a Building Site: Walk the Building Site with Kent Pecoy and our Sales & Marketing Team
- Together we can help you choose a development and lot that fits both your needs and budget or help you build the home of your dreams on a lot you’ve purchased elsewhere.
Design Stage: Choose from One of Our Standard Home Plans or We Can Create a Custom Design Just for You
- Sit down with our in-house architectural designer, Jackie Varni, to discuss your vision and plans for your new home.
- If you are interested in having us custom design and build a home for you vs. having us build one of our standard home plans we will review together and have you sign a Design/Draw Agreement. This agreement allows us to be compensated for our design time. We then create accurate renderings of your new home, called “as-builts,” and drawings of the proposed plan. These drawings are usually modified to your specifications once or twice before we agree on a final layout and scope of work. From these finalized drawings, we create a specifications document that accounts for all the materials and labor that will go into the project.
Pricing & Specifications Review: Sit Down with Kent Pecoy and Our Marketing Team to Discuss the Cost to Build Your Home.
- Your Specifications Document outlines your home’s construction, finishes and the costs to build your home. This allows us to set expectations and drive to meet your budget, so you know exactly what to expect from a cost perspective.
- If you have no additional changes to your spec document and you are ready to move forward we will ask you to sign a build contract or purchase and sale for your new home.
Permitting and Start of Construction: Schedule a Preconstruction Meeting with Your Project Manager.
- Together you and your project manager will review your project’s home plan, timeline and discuss the permitting process in detail.
- You will also have the opportunity to sit down with our accounting department to review financing and your draw schedule.
Making Custom Selections: Together You and Your Project Manager Will Discuss the Selections Process and Review the List of Vendors.
- Your project manager will help to keep you on track with your selection deadlines, which will be spread out over the course of your building project.
Change Orders: At Any Point During the Project, the Homeowner May Make Changes or Modifications to the Scope of Work.
- Your Project Manager will create a change order document, with pricing, which will require a signature for approval before any additional work is started.
Electrical Walk-Through: Get Together with Your Project Manager at Your New Home to Determine Your Switch and Cable Outlet Locations.
Unveiling and New Home Walk-Through: You Will Meet with Your Project Manager and Kent Pecoy for a Final Walk-Through of Your New Home.